Sergeant Bob’s Safety Tip of the MonthVisit the Senior Safety Tips website
DISTRACTED DRIVING ALERT - from the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
Distracted drivers are a greater threat to road safety than drivers impaired by drugs or alcohol. This was confirmed by the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police (CACP). Their annual enforcement / public awareness campaign “Operation Impact 2018” told us that:
- Distracted driving is “a diversion of attention when behind the wheel.”
- People are needlessly injured or killed if we don’t focus on driving.
- Hand held devices, GPS and entertainment displays are key distractors.
- It’s a national issue; distracted drivers are urban, suburban and rural.
- Risks of collisions, financial loss and human misery are often ignored.
Retired Police Sergeant Bob Paterson works closely with The McLennan Group to develop and share practical, economical safety tips for Canadians 50-plus. To read and print out all tips and view Sergeant Bob’s appearance schedule, visit Senior Safety Tips online.
Who is The McLennan Group?
The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. is a 100% Canadian owned, nationally licensed insurance brokerage specializing in the design and distribution of innovative all-lines insurance solutions and services for leading associations, affinity groups and Canadians 50-plus.
Along with our life and health division, The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc., we have been CARP’s recommended and trusted provider since 1993.
To offer the 13 Insurance Programs for CARP Members, we work with a number of leading Canadian insurance providers.