Sergeant Bob’s Safety Tip of the MonthVisit the Senior Safety Tips website
Five-point safety reminder for the mature touring motorcyclist
While Sergeant Bob’s reminders won’t replace correct rider training and motorcycle fitness, they touch on often forgotten details:
- Only six in a group - avoid the “accordion” effect of a long procession.
- Like-minded riders - discuss routes & speeds to avoid surprises.
- Rider experience - ride at your personal pace instead of the group pace.
- No one stranded - create a strategy for a disabled bike or rider.
- Documents - take your license, ownership, insurance, health card, etc.
Click here for Sergeant Bob’s Motorcycle Group Riding Planning Guide.
Retired Police Sergeant Bob Paterson works closely with The McLennan Group to develop and share practical, economical safety tips for Canadians 50-plus. To read and print out all tips and view Sergeant Bob’s appearance schedule, visit Senior Safety Tips online.
Who is The McLennan Group?
The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. is a 100% Canadian owned, nationally licensed insurance brokerage specializing in the design and distribution of innovative all-lines insurance solutions and services for leading associations, affinity groups and Canadians 50-plus.
Along with our life and health division, The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc., we have been CARP’s recommended and trusted provider since 1993.
To offer the 13 Insurance Programs for CARP Members, we work with a number of leading Canadian insurance providers.