Sergeant Bob’s Safety Tip of the MonthVisit the Senior Safety Tips website
School Busses Will Soon Be Back - Please Keep Everyone Safe!
- WATCH for flashing lights activated and/or the “stop arm” extended.
- If behind the stopped school bus, you MUST stop at least 20 metres from the rear of the bus and wait for the flashing lights to be turned off.
- In front, you MUST stop before reaching the front of the stopped bus, unless your lane is separated from the bus by a permanent median strip.
- These rules even apply on multi-lane highways with no median strip.
- Note: bus drivers MUST stop to check sightlines at level rail crossings.
If a child is riding the school bus, or walking in front of the waiting bus, their safety is in your hands. For more school bus safety tips, click here.
Retired Police Sergeant Bob Paterson works closely with The McLennan Group to develop and share practical, economical safety tips for Canadians 50-plus. To read and print out all tips and view Sergeant Bob’s appearance schedule, visit Senior Safety Tips online.
Who is The McLennan Group?
The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. is a 100% Canadian owned, nationally licensed insurance brokerage specializing in the design and distribution of innovative all-lines insurance solutions and services for leading associations, affinity groups and Canadians 50-plus.
Along with our life and health division, The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc., we have been CARP’s recommended and trusted provider since 1993.
To offer the 13 Insurance Programs for CARP Members, we work with a number of leading Canadian insurance providers.