Sergeant Bob’s Safety Tip of the MonthVisit the Senior Safety Tips website
Winter planning = summer safety for mature motorcycle riders
Beyond a correctly prepared rider and machine, and proper documentation, consider these overlooked details during your winter planning meeting:
- Only six in a group - avoid the “accordion” effect of a long procession.
- Like-minded riders - discuss routes and speeds to avoid surprises.
- Rider experience - ride at your personal pace instead of a group’s pace.
- No one stranded - create a strategy for a disabled bike or rider.
- That new helmet, boots, gloves, etc. should be worn long before the trip. Wardrobe problems far from home can be uncomfortable or risky.
Click here for Sergeant Bob’s Motorcycle Group Riding Planning Guide.
Retired Police Sergeant Bob Paterson works closely with The McLennan Group to develop and share practical, economical safety tips for Canadians 50-plus. To read and print out all tips and view Sergeant Bob’s appearance schedule, visit Senior Safety Tips online.
Who is The McLennan Group?
The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. is a 100% Canadian owned, nationally licensed insurance brokerage specializing in the design and distribution of innovative all-lines insurance solutions and services for leading associations, affinity groups and Canadians 50-plus.
Along with our life and health division, The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc., we have been CARP’s recommended and trusted provider since 1993.
To offer the 13 Insurance Programs for CARP Members, we work with a number of leading Canadian insurance providers.