for your no-obligation quote.
FollowMe™ Health Insurance Plan
CARP members: If a lifestyle change, career change or retirement will mean the end of your employer-sponsored health plan, we’ve made it easy and affordable to help protect yourself by protecting your benefits.
- Uninterrupted Coverage: If you apply within 60 days of losing your current plan, you can enjoy uninterrupted health insurance coverage.
- Retain Benefits*: You and your family may maintain many of the benefits enjoyed under the plan you’re leaving. Click “Plan Comparison” for coverage options.
- Your acceptance is guaranteed**, and there’s no medical questionnaire required at the time of application.
- There is no waiting period for coverage on a wide range of health care services that may be essential to your – and your family’s – well-being: dental care, vision care, prescription drugs, hospital benefits and more.
What’s more, your public health plans may not cover the full cost for many health services – expenses that could cost you thousands of dollars each year. The FollowMe™ Health Insurance Plan can be the solution.
How Much Health Coverage Do You Have?
Dental care, vision care, and prescription drugs are just a few of the benefits that may receive limited coverage from a government health plan.
To find out what your province or territory may or may not pay for, we’ve provided links for all provincial and territorial health insurance plan websites.
For full details on the covered products and services, coverage levels and eligibility criteria in your province or territory, Click Here.
Make an Informed Decision
As CARP’s recommended insurance provider, we have a responsibility to help you make an informed buying decision. No matter which insurance product you require, or provider you choose, our best advice is to educate yourself before you buy. That’s why we offer information that will help you review programs “apples-to-apples”.
FollowMe™ Health Insurance Plan
Compare to ensure the right coverage for the right price
Provincial plans may not cover full costs for some health care expenses. Without an employer-sponsored health plan, you could be paying thousands of dollars out-of-pocket each year for the services you require.
Supplemental health and dental insurance is a cost-effective way to pay for expenses incurred when you see a health care professional or buy qualified benefits. Plans vary greatly, because coverage of non-core services differs from province to province, and because insurers may offer various levels and types of benefits. In addition, eligibility criteria may vary from plan to plan.
BEFORE YOU BUY - Some key points to ponder:
- (1) YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR: coverage levels, policy maximums and co-pay amounts will all affect premiums.
- (2) CHOOSE THE BENEFITS YOU NEED: available options will range from basic plans to comprehensive coverage.
- (3) THERE ARE DEALS TO BE HAD: some include no cost benefits, and offer reduced rates for couples / family plans.
- (4) IF YOU’RE LOSING A GROUP PLAN: some plans help you maintain coverage with benefits similar to what you have.
Benefits that may receive limited coverage from a government health plan can include dental care, vision care, and prescription drugs. To find out what your province may and may not pay for, details on the covered products and services, coverage levels and eligibility criteria are posted on all provincial and territorial health insurance plan websites.
GREAT RESOURCE: The Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association posted a helpful “Guide to supplementary health insurance” on their website: www.clhia.ca
A FINAL WORD: The McLennan Group urges you to be certain the program selected is right for your needs. Always read the fine print and ask questions before you buy, because insurance without proper coverage is like having no insurance at all. Remember, your protection is our priority.
Attention Residents of Quebec:
To learn coverage options, plan details, or to make your purchase, please call toll-free: 1.877.551.5566
Insurance policies underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
**Acceptance is guaranteed if eligibility criteria are met, and is subject to receipt of first premium payment.
The FollowMe™ Health Insurance Plan is underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife), P.O. Box 670, Stn Waterloo, Waterloo, ON N2J 4B8. Manulife and the Block Design are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it, and by its affiliates under licence. Product may not be available in all provinces. *It is not intended to provide and will not provide the exact same coverage that you may have had under your group health insurance plan. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply; see policy for details. Life and Health Plans offered by The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc. Auto & Home Program offered by The McLennan Group Insurance Inc.