for your no-obligation quote.
Health & Dental Insurance for CARP Members
CARP members: We’ve made it even easier and more affordable for you to help protect yourself from the high cost of health care. For a limited time, you can pay last year’s rates for a full year.2 Simply apply before April 30, 2019.3
- Stop Paying Out-of-Pocket: We offer affordable protection for the expenses that may receive limited coverage from government health plans: like dental and vision care, prescription drugs, hearing aids, and more. Click “Full Plan Details” to view available benefits.
- Cost-Effective Coverage: You’ll find premiums for singles, couples and families. Plus, there’s no age limit.
- With five different insurance plans to choose from, it’s easy to find the benefits, coverage levels and co-pay amounts that will meet your needs and budget.
- Three plans offer you guaranteed acceptance1, with no medical questionnaire required at the time of application. Click “Program Brochure” to learn more.
- With the Benefits Card for CARP members, you won’t pay the upfront costs for many health care benefits.
Whether you need basic or comprehensive coverage, or simply want to supplement your employer-sponsored benefits or government coverage, there’s a Health & Dental Insurance for CARP Members plan for you at exclusive members-only rates. DON’T DELAY - apply before April 30, 2019 and you’ll pay 2018 rates for a full year!
How Much Health Coverage Do You Have?
Dental care, vision care, and prescription drugs are just a few of the benefits that may receive limited coverage from a government health plan.
To find out what your province or territory may or may not pay for, we’ve provided links for all provincial and territorial health insurance plan websites.
For full details on the covered products and services, coverage levels and eligibility criteria in your province or territory, Click Here.
Make an Informed Decision
As CARP’s recommended insurance provider, we have a responsibility to help you make an informed buying decision. No matter which insurance product you require, or provider you choose, our best advice is to educate yourself before you buy. That’s why we offer information that will help you review programs “apples-to-apples”.
Health & Dental Insurance
Compare to ensure the right coverage for the right price
Provincial plans may not cover full costs for some health care expenses. Without an employer-sponsored health plan, you could be paying thousands of dollars out-of-pocket each year for the services you require.
Supplemental health and dental insurance is a cost-effective way to pay for expenses incurred when you see a health care professional or buy qualified benefits. Plans vary greatly, because coverage of non-core services differs from province to province, and because insurers may offer various levels and types of benefits. In addition, eligibility criteria may vary from plan to plan.
BEFORE YOU BUY - Some key points to ponder:
- (1) YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR: coverage levels, policy maximums and co-pay amounts will all affect premiums.
- (2) CHOOSE THE BENEFITS YOU NEED: available options will range from basic plans to comprehensive coverage.
- (3) THERE ARE DEALS TO BE HAD: some include no cost benefits, and offer reduced rates for couples / family plans.
- (4) IF YOU’RE LOSING A GROUP PLAN: some plans help you maintain coverage with benefits similar to what you have.
Benefits that may receive limited coverage from a government health plan can include dental care, vision care, and prescription drugs. To find out what your province may and may not pay for, details on the covered products and services, coverage levels and eligibility criteria are posted on all provincial and territorial health insurance plan websites.
GREAT RESOURCE: The Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association posted a helpful “Guide to supplementary health insurance” on their website: www.clhia.ca
A FINAL WORD: The McLennan Group urges you to be certain the program selected is right for your needs. Always read the fine print and ask questions before you buy, because insurance without proper coverage is like having no insurance at all. Remember, your protection is our priority.
Attention Residents of Quebec:
To learn coverage options, plan details, or to make your purchase, please call toll-free: 1.877.551.5566
Insurance policies underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
1 Acceptance subject to eligibility criteria and receipt of initial premium payment. For the Four and Five Star insurance plans, a medical questionnaire is required before acceptance is considered.
2 Premiums will increase as an individual’s age increases in accordance with published age groups.
3 To be eligible to lock in 2018 rates, coverage must be effective on or before May 1st, 2019 for all plans excluding the 5-Star plan as these rates are not increasing in 2019.
The Health & Dental Insurance Plan for CARP Members is underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife), P.O. Box 670, Stn Waterloo, Waterloo, ON N2J 4B8. Manulife, Manulife & Stylized M Design, and Stylized M Design are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it, and by its affiliates under license. © 2019 The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company. All rights reserved. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply; see policy for details. Product may not be available in all provinces. Life and Health Plans offered by The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc. Auto & Home and Pet Programs offered by The McLennan Group Insurance Inc.