Pet Insurance for CARP Members
CARP members: Did you know that in Canada, over one third of pets require emergency veterinary treatment each and every year? Additionally, two out of three dogs and cats develop a significant health problem at some point during their lifetime. We offer pet insurance to protect you against unexpected health care costs, and help you budget for annual health expenses like veterinarian visits, medications and vaccinations.
- Great Rates and Coverage: Get dependable coverage and competitive premiums that start at only $20.55 per month for cats, and $30.85 for dogs.
- Premiums will not increase due to your pet aging.
- Coverage is available for your mature pets.
- PetCare offers a lifetime maximum of $10,000, while PetCare Plus offers a $25,000 lifetime maximum.
- You’ll be covered for your dog or cat’s veterinary fees resulting from an accident or illness*.
- Additional benefits include trip cancellation coverage, boarding kennel fees, and lost pet recovery fees.
- NEW: You may be able to obtain coverage for your pet’s pre-existing conditions if they’ve been symptom-free for at least one full year. Call for details.
Pet Insurance for CARP Members’ two simplified plans, PetCare and PetCare Plus make it easy and affordable for you to manage the financial risk, while protecting the health of your family pets.
What to Look For
As CARP’s recommended insurance provider, we have a responsibility to help you make an informed buying decision. Our latest issue of Insurance Insights contains information that will help you compare different insurance products “apples-to-apples”.
Click Here to read the current issue – Volume 8, Issue 2
Insurance policies underwritten by Northbridge General Insurance
The Pet Insurance for CARP Members Program is offered by The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. PetCare Pet Insurance Programs are underwritten by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation, distributed by PTZ Insurance Brokers Ltd. Coverage is available to all residents in all provinces, excluding the territories and Quebec. Medical conditions that are noted, symptomatic or diagnosed prior to enrollment, or during a waiting period are pre-existing to coverage and not available for coverage. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply, see policy for details. Auto & Home Program offered by The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. Life and Health Plans offered by The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc.