Pet Insurance for CARP Members
CARP members: Did you know that approximately 50% of pet insurance claims are for chronic conditions with reoccurring vet bills*. Pet insurance is designed to provide pet owners like you, with financial protection against expensive medical costs. Pets Plus Us® makes choosing a pet insurance plan easy - just choose between their Accident or Accident & Illness plans.
- Preferred Rate for CARP Members: You’ll save 5%.
- Pets are an important part of our family. We don’t even like to think about our dog or cat getting sick or injured, but it can happen.
- That’s why as CARP’s recommended provider, we’ve teamed up with Pets Plus Us® to offer two new plans with comprehensive insurance protection for your pet and preferred rates for CARP members.
- Accident Plan - offers $5,000 in protection when sudden misfortunes occur; a broken bone, cut, or if they’ve been hit by a car. This level of coverage can make dealing with the unexpected less traumatic.
- Accident & Illness - with annual coverage of $7,500 or $15,000, you can concentrate on helping your pet get the best treatment, without worrying about finances. Knowing the cost of a pet’s illness - even just the diagnosis - can be high, coverage means you’ll be as prepared as possible.
With Pet Insurance for CARP Members, you can protect your pet with one of Canada’s top rated pet insurers - to keep your cat or dog happy and healthy in the event of an accident or illness.
Make an Informed Decision
As CARP’s recommended insurance provider, we have a responsibility to help you make an informed buying decision. No matter which insurance product you require, or provider you choose, our best advice is to educate yourself before you buy. That’s why we offer information that will help you review programs “apples-to-apples”.
Protection, for the love of your pets
Consider this: It’ll be expensive if your dog or cat were to develop a significant health problem. In fact, if you factor all expenses such as tests, accommodations, and medications, even routine treatments can cost you thousands. And no pet owner wants their decision about veterinary treatment to be determined by cost.
Pet insurance helps protect you against unexpected health care costs and helps budget for annual health expenses.
BEFORE YOU BUY - Some points to think about:
- (1) Before you buy, review the policy terms, conditions, and limits to see what is and isn’t covered.
- (2) Avoid choosing a plan with premiums that will increase as your pet matures.
- (3) Premiums are affected by the policy maximums and coverage levels you choose.
- (4) Some plans offer added benefits like kennel fees, trip cancellation refunds, etc.
OUR BEST ADVICE: Do not wait until your pet is sick or injured to apply for coverage. It may be too late to obtain insurance as there would then be pre-existing condition exclusions.
A FINAL WORD: The McLennan Group urges you to be certain the program selected is right for your needs. Always read the fine print and ask questions before you buy, because insurance without proper coverage is like having no insurance at all. Remember, your protection is our priority.
Attention Current PetCare Pet Insurance Policyholders:
For customer service and claims assistance with our previous pet insurance program, call toll-free: 1.877.851.4522
Insurance policies underwritten by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation
The information herein is summarized. All pet insurance plans have limitations and exclusions. Specific products, features, rates, and discounts may vary by province/territory, eligibility, and are subject to change.
Medical conditions that are noted, symptomatic or diagnosed prior to enrollment, or during a waiting period are pre-existing to Coverage and not available for coverage. This advertisement is an outline only, the actual policy issued terms and conditions will prevail.
Pets Plus Us® is a division of PTZ Insurance Services Ltd. and its products are underwritten by Northbridge General Insurance Corporation and are distributed by PTZ Insurance Services Ltd. & Sodaco Juridique Inc. in Quebec and are available in all provinces and territories. Pets Plus Us®, Pets Plus Us & Design and related words and logos are trademarks and the property of PTZ Insurance Services Ltd.
©2018 PTZ Insurance Services Ltd. All rights reserved. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply, see policy for details. Auto & Home Program offered by The McLennan Group Insurance Inc. Life and Health Plans offered by The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc.
*Based on pet insurance policies in force in 2017 for Pets Plus Us® a division of PTZ Insurance Services Ltd.