OUR INSURANCE PRODUCTS
If you’re planning to get away this winter, we’re here for your protection. Whether you’re a snowbird, you’re hitting the slopes, you’ve planned a week in the sun or a quick trip over the border, we’ve got you covered with multiple coverage options and 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance.
Government Travel Advisories
Stay safe by staying informed of the risks around the world and COVID-19 testing requirements.Learn more
THE McLENNAN GROUP TRAVEL INSURANCE
Know the facts about safe travel
What Are the Government Travel Advisory Levels, And What Do They Mean?
- LEVEL 1: Exercise normal security precautions - similar to those you would take in Canada.
- LEVEL 2: Exercise a high degree of caution - safety and security concerns or situations could change quickly. Be very cautious at all times, monitor local media, follow instructions of local authorities.
- LEVEL 3: Avoid non-essential travel - your safety and security could be at risk. Think about your need to travel to this country, territory or region, or if you are already there, think about leaving.
- LEVEL 4: Avoid all travel - you should NOT travel to this country, territory or region. Personal safety and security are at great risk. If you are already there, think about leaving if it is safe to do so.
Travelling during COVID-19?
We encourage you to do your due diligence before traveling. Be sure to check the COVID-19 status of the country you plan to visit, and stay informed of the COVID-19 activity at your destination, which can vary significantly and change quickly from one country to another and within regions of the country.
To help you stay informed, Government of Canada Travel Advisories and advice are posted below.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA:
- If you decide to travel, review the travel health notice for COVID-19 and International Travel.
- You should complete a COVID-19 vaccine series, along with any additional recommended doses in Canada at least 14 days before travelling.
- Anyone who has not completed a COVID-19 vaccine series should continue to avoid non-essential travel to all destinations. If you must travel, consider delaying your plans until you’re fully vaccinated.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA:
On or after October 1, 2022:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required
- COVID-19 pre-entry and arrival tests are not required
- Quarantine after you enter Canada is not required
- Using ArriveCAN is not required
- Pre-boarding tests for cruise passengers are not required
- Health checks to board planes and trains are not required
- Wearing masks on planes and trains is not required
NOTE: It's still strongly recommended that you wear a high quality and well-fitted mask or respirator while you travel.
- COVID-19: Travel Information - Restrictions, quarantine and border, plus testing requirements.
- US Customer and Border Protection Mobile Passport Control (MPC) App - MPC streamlines the traveller's entry process into the U.S. by reducing passport control inspection time and overall wait time.
- Registration of Canadians Abroad - To receive updates that may affect Canadian travellers.
Make an informed decision on your travel insurance
Outside Canada, coverage provided by provincial health plans for hospital and medical expenses is very limited. Without additional insurance, costs incurred from a medical emergency can be financially devastating.
Travel insurance is designed to pay for unexpected costs that arise while you’re away, such as hospital and/or medical, trip cancellation and lost baggage. Be aware that not all plans provide all coverage, and you get what you pay for.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Don’t be fooled by low price. Look at benefits, coverage levels and most importantly, the policy maximums. More important, don’t wait to the last minute to purchase travel insurance. Give yourself time to compare plans.
Be sure that what you’re buying meets your needs
Remember, most claim denials result from customers not understanding what they have purchased, not knowing their own obligations in an emergency, or simply not reading their policy to learn what is and isn’t covered. If in doubt, ask questions BEFORE you buy:
- PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS: What are the restrictions and limitations?
- FULL LENGTH OF TRIP: Are you covered for the duration of the trip?
- CHANGE OF PLANS: Can coverage be extended after you’ve departed?
- RETURN TRIP HOME: Is it paid for in the event of an emergency?
- ASSISTANCE SERVICES: What is offered, and how are services accessed?
On your application, honesty is the ONLY policy
You need to answer all questions on your application honestly. Otherwise the policy may be voided, and your claim may be denied.
Our licensed brokers are qualified to assist with your medical declaration. They will work with you to help ensure that you understand all medical questions. But if you’re unsure of the meaning of any questions on the application, or are unsure of your medical conditions, our brokers will recommend that you verify your information with your doctor.
What the experts are saying:
If you’re ready to travel, start with the right protection
Whether you’d like a no-obligation quotation or more information, give us a call. Our licensed insurance specialists are here to answer your questions, explain your options and help select the right coverage for your needs based on your health and travel plans: 1.866.943.6017.
Insurance policies underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and First North American Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife, PO Box 670, Stn. Waterloo, Waterloo, ON N2J 4B8.
Certain terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions apply, see policy for details.
Manulife, Manulife & Stylized M Design, and Stylized M Design are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and are used by it, and by its affiliates under license. © 2023 The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company. All rights reserved. Product may not be available in all provinces. Life and Health Plans offered by The McLennan Group Life Insurance Inc. Auto & Home and Pet Programs and Small Business Liability Insurance offered by The McLennan Group Insurance Inc.
Receive trusted advice with Insurance Insights
50-PLUS INSURANCE SPECIALISTS
Our free quarterly e-newsletter provides the facts you need to compare products and make an informed buying decision. IT’S FREE! Sign up and have Insurance Insights delivered right to your inbox!Sign up today!